Monday, February 9, 2015

A little bit of ukulele

Whaaaaaat? So I found this blog that I started like 6 years ago. It seems the last few posts I was making mention of my upcoming wedding. Well my sixth anniversary is in a couple of weeks! Weird how I had no memory of it until I was invited to post on Sew Sweet Shop's blog. But I guess that's neither here nor there. Wanna see what I got for an early anniversary present? 
Beautiful ain't she? A few months back I was binge-watching the last season of How I met your mother and the episode when Ted hears Tracy playing "La Vie En Rose" made me decide I needed a ukulele post haste. Not for "La Vie En Rose", mind you. But I needed one nonetheless. I researched, I youtubed, I asked a lot of questions. I wanted a pineapple body for aesthetic reasons, and I also heard that they tend to have a fuller sound. Wading through all the ukuleles I could find, I decided upon this beauty. The artwork actually had no bearing on my choice but it is a pretty sweet perk. I've been practicing almost every night, and hopefully I'll be pretty good soon. 

No comments: