Monday, September 22, 2008

::drools until she drowns in her puddle::

Today is a painful day. I found the shoes I want for my wedding.
They are Manolo Blahniks. I found them on ebay (click the title if you really wanna shatter my dreams and buy them for yourself. or if you want to buy them for me. For real, I would invite you to my wedding if you did.) Why is it a painful day to find THE shoes you want for your special prance down the aisle? They're ::swallows hard:: $320 before shipping. ::Cries tears:: Let me tell you something. I try my hardest not to be materialistic. I like things, and I want things, but if I don't have things I'm perfectly content. Stuff is not what our lives are all about. But I am a shoe snob. I'll wear thrift store clothes every day of my life, but my shoes need to be some sort of recongnizable brand. Vans, Converse, Steve Madden, Chinese Laundry are a few of my favorites. I don't know what it is. And mostly Jon is fine with this, what with his mild foot fetish and all. But if I had these shoes for my wedding day, I would HAPPILY wear a dress made of pillowcases sewn together. HAPPILY!!! Today I think a little piece of me is dying. Unless they get relisted at a lower price... in which case this dying piece of rotting flesh will spring back to it's youthful, nubile state.

No comments: