Thursday, September 11, 2008

I have wedding on the brain!

It's not a wedding blog I swear! When I go on the Knot (you may as well just euthanize me now, it's not going to get better) and I see women posting their wedding blog everywhere, it makes me want to puke! No, I will NOT vote on what dresses your bridesmaids should wear! Did you ask them?! Does it look good on them? Does it look horrible on them and you're asking us so you can override their decision with, "Well everyone thinks you should wear THIS DRESS IN CHARTRUESE!" Do not force them to wear chartreuse, it's a horrendous color to put on people. The flesh that goes well with it is rare. Hm. Rant over. But I did by the way show my ONE and only bridesmaid, Diana my sister, a bunch of dresses, ask which ones she liked and we decided that she'll get one after she tries it on if it's flattering. The one she hated I said, "Okay, we'll not get that one!" I said blue or green, whichever shade looks better. Heather 1. Bridezillas 0. But yes. Really what I wanted to tell you all is that Jonathan's ring is going to be simple, inexpensive, and not titanium because I'm paranoid that if something happens he'll lose his finger because they can't cut it off. This is one he picked out:
By Spexton Jewelry (http://www.spexton.com/ViewProduct.asp?ModelNumber=RI1003) It's stainless steel, and there is also a hammered version of it that he's considering. As far as wedding bands go, $149 is an absolute STEAL. I absolutely love it. His other choices on Spexton are wonderful as well, they really have great work. Go to the site and check out their other jewelry as well, it's interesting and sleek and different. I would post my wedding band but I have yet to find a vintage platinum band that I like and that is in our price range.... I love poverty.

No comments: